"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

12/30/2011

End of the year survey - 2011


Everyone! I do participate in the end of the year survey, hosted by The Perpetual Page-Turner
I have not been blogging for a long time, but still I can answer questions about the whole year ;) I will answer them all honest and I hope you like my answer / agree :) or not xD

1. Best Book You Read In 2011? 

I hate to answer questions like this. I just cannot make up my mind... but I will choose a few...
The hunger games series / Clockwork Prince / Beautiful chaos

2. Most Disappointing Book/Book You Wish You Loved More Than You Did?

I was really looking forward to reading the Hush, Hush series. People recommended them to me a lot, so I tought I'd love them. But it turned out that I couldn't stand the main character, Nora. I still read the whole series, tough...

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2011?

Passion by Lauren Kate really surprised me. I did not like Fallen, I hated Torment, but I turned out to like Passion. Maybe that's because of the fact that Luce was dying all the time... :)

4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?

This one's easy. The hunger games. Where I live, in the Netherlands, the hunger games are not well-known at all. I really want everyone in the world to read the Hunger Games! 

5. Best series you discovered in 2011?

Do I have to choose? Because I cannot! I started reading a lot of English books in 2011, before that I was not able to read English as quick as I wanted. So in 2011 I read a lot of series I loved, because I basically discovered in 2010/2011 which books I really like. Some of my favourites are The infernal devices and the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, The Hunger games by Suzanne Collins, the Wolves of the Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater and the Gone Series by Michael Grant

6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?

Cassandra Clare, Suzanne Collins, L.A. Weatherly, Maggie Stiefvater, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?

Before 2011 I had never read a real Paranormal Romance novel yet. So reading this genre was out of my comfort zone. This genre also became my favourite new addiction. I had never read before this kind of books because in the Neherlands this genre is not famous, and books from this genre are not translated to Dutch...

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?

 I loved Clockwork Prince, the Hunger Games and the Caster Chronicles series. It was impossible to put down either of them... (sorry, cheating again)

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?

The Hunger Games. I wanted to read this series so badly, but I just couldn't get hold of it 


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?




11. Most memorable character in 2011? 

Tessa Gray from Clockwork Prince. She is my inspiration. I want to be her. I try to be her. 


12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011? 

Beautiful Chaos had gread impact on me. It made me cry, think, love and cry more... 


14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read? 

 The Hunger Games. I hate myself for waiting to read this book. I hate hate hate hate myself for doing that still...

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011? 

From Clockwork Prince:
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”  
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012? 

Clockwork Prince (sorry, I keep on repeating that book's name... I really LOVE the book)

17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 

Forever - Maggie Stiefvater (THE END) 
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer (you ruined my childhood)
Beautiful Chaos - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (END)
and so many more...

 Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011 (optional)

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011? 

I discovered blogging in 2011 O.o so my favourite... So hard to choose... A cupcake and A latte... <3 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? 

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. It was so hard to express my love for this book in words, but I hope I made it clear with this review that the book is amazing. This review feels as my first real review to me 

3. Best discussion you had on your blog? 

I have not had discussions on my blog :$

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? 


I have read so much... I cannot choose. But hate-reviews of Twilight always make me laugh... :)

5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I did not participate in a lot of things. I tried to, but... *sigh*
 
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?

 For me it was the first follower. It was so awesome that someone clicked the follow button, that someone had read a post. Also the 50-follower mark that was reached yesterday means a lot to me. It made me actually jump around my room! :) 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My Clockwork prince review and my Clockwork Prince release post

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I love to review, so to me it does not matter how many views a message get. But of course it's great to see that other people read what I write and agree with me or say why they do not agree.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Goodreads and Blogger. First in September I got my goodreads, and I finally found out that there are other people that are just like me. I found some great friends and awesome books there. A whole new world opened to me. The there was blogger. I started blogging, and I love it. This is the result :) 


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I did not set actual goals for myself... But challenges I do mostly fail... I failed the NetGalley month challenge. I do usually fail monthly challenges. I failed NaNoWriMo
Oops....

Looking Ahead... 


1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?

Before I fall by Lauren Oliver


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?

Clockwork Princess, DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK? 


3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?

blogging:
I do want to keep on blogging... Which will be a challenge to me, I think :$ Also I want more followers... But that is not my priority.
reading:
I do want to read about 200 books, maybe more. I want to read my Galleys, insteads of forgetting them all the time. I want to win montly challenges, instead of failing them. I want ... ... ...  (a lot)

Have you also filled in the survey? Comment below :) 

I'd love to read your answers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://stephii-bookfever.blogspot.com/2011/12/end-of-year-book-survey-2011.html