"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

3/21/2012

the statistical probability of love at first sight by Jennifer E. Smith

book: The statistical probability of love at first sight
written by: Jennifer E. Smith
series: -
genres: romance, young adult
pages: 256
own / library / borrowed
publication date: January 2nd, 2012
publisher: Poppy / Little Brown


note: Who wouldn't want to read a book with a title like this? And the cover is so cute! Only those things made me decide to pick this book up, which was a great decision!


the book: 
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?


Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

my review: 
After seeing John Green talking about the book, I knew for sure that I must read this book. Anything he recommends to his readers, I'll read *or at least 99% of it*
When I started reading it, I fell in love with the writing style of the author. It was very easy to read, and felt like you were flowing through the book. The pace of the story wasn't very high, and there didn't happen lots of things. But you can't expect lots of things from a book that only is about one day?
The characters in this book were great. There was Hadley, the main character. She was very much like a John Green character, with strange fears *mayo* and realistic thoughts. Then there was Oliver, the cute English boy that keeps on mocking American culture. Everything you expect an English boy to be like you can find back in him. Then there are some other characters, which I have honestly already forgotten about. They didn't intrigue me...
The family drama this book is about is nothing unusual. Some of my friends have been in the exact same position. *not the England-America thing, just the divorced and has a new girlfriend thing* I think the feelings of Hadley are represented very realistic, like any teen with seperated/divorced parents would feel after the divorce.
The romance in this book was great, but predictable. They meet in a terminal, have seats next to each other *what a coincidence!* and then find out that they really like each other. I am not one of those girls that believes in love at first sight... That's why I found some of the parts of this book rather boring.


full of hilarious dialogues, family drama and romance - a recommender for every teen girl that loves love :)


rating: 
4 stars

No comments: