"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

7/07/2012

Rapture by Lauren Kate

title: Rapture
written by: Lauren Kate
series: Fallen #4
genres: young adult, paranormal romance
pagecount: 452
publication date: June 21st, 2012

The sky is dark with wings . . .
And time is running out for Luce and Daniel.
In order to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the Fall began. Only Luce can break the curse, and it is her choice alone that will decide all of their fates.
But as Dark Forces gather, great sacrifices will have to be made in this final, epic struggle . . .
In the fight for Luce, and for Love, who will win?


"Tell them it's happening. That an endgame has been initiated"

First of all I want to say the most positive thing about this book. The Cover. I abso-freakin'-lutely love the covers of the fallen series' books! Their covers, together with the interesting plot of the first book, lured me into reading this series. And to be honest, I'm glad it's done... 

Luce and Daniel's romance is weird, and I don't like it. It's so enormously cheesy! Daniel's love is 'everlasting' and Luce's love is destroying her. Literally! But their romance is the most important thing in the universe. The difference between good and bad. One tiny decision, and it could ruin everything.


There was some action in this book, which I kinda liked, but most of it ended with Luce and Daniel kissing because they didn't lose each other and whatever. But I guess some people like that stuff. Not me, I'm not that kind of girl...


The struggle between good and evil is a commonly written about subject. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. With the fallen series, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I love the whole fallen angel thing, since they are such mysterious creatures, and their struggle between good and evil is fascinating, but still, that the entire series is centered around a tragic romance is not what I was looking for.


Since this was the conclusion to the Fallen series, I was expecting answers to all my questions. And I had a lot of them! Most of them were about Cam, Arianne and Roland, my 3 favorite characters from this series. But I didn't get my answers. And that's what dissatisfied me a lot about this book. I was expecting more.


Again, the cheesy romance was my main problem. Here's a short quote that states the whole problem:
"All he knew was that being seperated from Lucinda was not a punishment that he could endure. They had to be together."


Altogether I will give this book 2 stars. A book I would recommend only to the fallen fandom and other people who have read and liked the other installments in this series.


Love,
Mar

1 comment:

Tahlia Newland said...

Ii know what you mean about this series. It was always on the edge for me, and in some of the books very little happened. What would annoy me though is if my questions weren't answered.